Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Flat tire Tuesday, with a crab chaser

It has been a day, but then it has been a day for everybody. Work happened, I did what I needed, got mad at my computer and left to get lunch. That was a good idea, anyway. I got a call from my oldest asking to be picked up from school because she was ill. Let me just tell you right now, I was not super nice when I picked her up. I may have even used the "h" word, you know...hyponchondriac. We got home and I sent her to bed. When I felt her head, I knew I would be eating a bitter sandwich soon. See, I'm heavily in the MOTY running. After apologies were delivered, I got her some ice water and a bowl of fake cheez its...this snack brought to you by the letter "g" for guilt. After picking the youngers up, snacking them and dropping them off at choir practice, I went to a receiving of friends. We lost a fine man in our community and I went to represent our family. Always tough and awkward knowing what to say.

After making my visit, the red bullseye store was calling me home. Purchasing birthday presents and stockpiling bottles of children's Motrin sounded like an excellent way to spend a hot evening in dress clothes, so I flip flopped in there like some churched up battle ax. It is virtually impossible to walk into that store without walking out with at least three more items than what were written on your list. Hahaha. I'm sorry...I cracked myself up there. Ten items more than I planned for really. When I got out of the store and returned to my car, I actually heard a hissing noise. An obnoxious hissing noise. Guess what I found?






A sharp shard of metal poking two holes into my tire. To give you a better perspective, here is what it looked like ou of my tire:



That'll leave a mark. Wellllll, that AAA guy came in record time, assessed the situation and gave us a little talk about the difficulties of after market rims on vehicles. Backstory, we purchased my car used. Its previous life had it living in a motor pool of some company which apparently liked hoopdee rims. These rims look more appropriate in a hip hop video than in our neck of the woods. We have been teased about them from the moment they were spotted by, well, anybody who knew us. I kind of inserted into the conversation that we bought the car used. So when little Mr. AAA commented on them, the hub said, "Do you honestly think we look like the kind of people who would buy those rims?". Looking relieved, the AAA guy, "Well, I wasn't going to say anything. But the rims make a bit more sense now.....whew." After a whole lot of stuff and nonsense, the tire got pumped up and the car was driven to Pep boys to get fixed. My man is a saint.

We are currently watching the Deadliest Catch premiere. The kids are tucked in bed and we are tossing and turning with warriors of the Bering Sea. Life is good post tire incident.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment