Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm sick...can I have some ice cream?

Well. I am officially throwing in the towel. My name is Jenny and I am kind of sick. My poor husband has been sequestered away in our room since Sunday, only emerging to use the facilities and stretch his legs. The kids waved to him from a distance and I brought his meals to him on a Wiggles bed tray...I spare no expense or frills when it comes to in room meals. I slept on the couch downstairs for a couple of nights, right next to a big ole' bottle of Purell. I gave him copious amounts of oranges, per his request, and nursed Echinacea lozenges that stained my tongue and teeth the color of Welch's. We as a united front tried our best, but I got the crud. Hopefully I have bronchitis or some viral likeness thereof instead of the flu. But I feel kind of crappy. So my question is, if it hurts my throat when I cough, can I have some ice cream? I know I don't need permission, but I feel the need for it. I'm hoping that if I have some, when I laugh I won't remind our children of one of Marge Simpson's sisters. Wait, they don't watch it so we're good.

Anyhoo just know that if you see me at the store and I keep my distance, take it as a sign of love and not a gesture of rudeness. My raspy cough is not Camel induced and my uneven gait is due to heavy cold medication. LTD.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment