Monday, April 15, 2013

Stop the madness...

Upon my arrival home from my 2:15-3:45 school taxi job, I helped the boy with his homework and signed a paper for G. I insisted they change out of their good school clothes, into grubs and sent them straight outside into the bright sunshine. Until I checked my Twitter feed did I realize that was the best decision I had made all day. While I know that I can't shield my children from all the terror in the world, I desire that ability. What was supposed to be Boston's happiest day turned into their worst nightmare. Bombs going off near the finish line of the world's most famous race. Terror and panic all around. Fatalities...casualties...heroes all around to help those in need. I always think of Mr. Roger's advice to "look for the helpers". Even as an adult I have to do that, to find some good in the midst of the horrible tragedy. I watched the children playing in the backyard, blissfully unaware of the horrors going on in our world. My heart breaks for those parents who are waiting and looking out their windows, holding their breath and wondering if their babies are okay. The parents who have been informed as to the loss of their child, those people who face a life without limbs, with horrible pain, with lasting anxiety and fear. All I can do at this point is get on my knees and pray. Pray for the heartbroken, the injured, the scared. Pray for the helpers, the heroes, the brave. God bless Boston and our nation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment