Thursday, April 11, 2013

The chili before, well during, the storm

Our prep for the family is basically all done but the cooking. Since our Wisconsin family is vegetarian, I am trying out a new chili recipe. I have no idea how it will taste, but it sure smells tasty. I am a bit concerned that it will not have time to cook and blend flavors and all those culinary terms that Alton Brown would say on Good Eats. Our weather map has a whole lot of green and yellow and orange and red covering our fair city right now. G, our sweet and storm phobic heartbeat, is currently in her bed with pink ear protection created for young hunters and monster truck rallies, her torn and tattered yellow lab Browning tshirt called "Thunder Protector" on over her pj's. The boy conked out almost immediately and S is battling a headache, but otherwise unbothered by the elements. Considering the history we have with storms and the "t" word(tornados-shhhh...don't tell G), we get a bit worried about the power going out. I really need to bake a cake, but I know as soon as I pop that puppy in the oven a big bolt of lightening will come and BAM!!! Lemon pound soup. So I am taking a chance only on chili cooking tonight.

I must away now to watch "Hannibal", a show that already fascinates me terribly. That means, then, that the show will be cancelled. But, I will watch it with great relish until it is and enjoy every tweet that I receive from Dr. Hannibal Lectet. And, yes, I received one today:






Fun and creepy. Let that rock you to sleep tonight. Brrrrr.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment