Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Well....haha....ouch

Today was my day to read to the boy's class and help them take their reading tests. It is certainly an exercise in patience, among other things. I must say, completely unrelated to reading, that I feel so terribly sorry for some of these little heartbeats who come from homes with smokers. If someone wants to smoke, totally your choice. But don't do it in the home where those little pink lungs are working. These poor children are just smoke saturated to the point of taking your breath away. So back to the day, the kids were squirmy but tested fairly well. We do have a fairly new little friend who likes to growl at the other kids...to the point that he is getting in trouble for it. That always makes things interesting. After testing, the kids went to do their once a month Art Masters project. As they were messing around with their watercolors, drama broke out with a male and female at the boy's table. She hit him and said something ugly. He looked at her and said, "You kiss me-then you get mad at me....you kiss me-then you get mad at me. What do you want woman?". After the intern and I picked ourselves up off the floor, my child looked at us and said shaking his head, "They are always like that. Couples." My gosh, I can't take it. Trying to hide your laughter gets physically painful after a while.

Having been there for a bit over two hours, I went home to decompress and prepare to go see my favorite dentist. Because he goes to our church and I have known him most of my life, I always love to go see him. And because he goes to our church, the waiting room is usually stocked with congregation members. Today did not disappoint...in the people department. As much as I love my dentist, I did not love his news. Two cracked teeth because I apparently take my anger and stress and press my teeth together hard enough to crack them and make me have pain and the need to sell a kidney. March will be my month to become dental royalty and get crowns. Ha ha ha. So until then, I will chew motrin like candy and have a heated rice bag constantly on my jaws. Happy times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment