Saturday, February 16, 2013

Frozen jump roping hippo

Our Saturday is quickly drawing to a close. The hub is desperately trying to get warm after working on my car all afternoon. We cleaned house this morning, desperaely trying to knock a layer of dust off the tops of, well, everything. I also cleaned our snack and bread bins out in the kitchen. We even caught up on laundry. Our oldest has a solar system to construct, but somehow that didn't get done again today. Oh well, I passed secondary school...not my problem. At least that is what I'm trying to tell myself. It is bugging the crud out of me.

This afternoon I noticed a strange phenomenon. This ball of yellow light was up in the sky and it beckoned me outside. While I wanted to go out, I needed an activity to keep warm. Looking in our sports equipment box, I found the item that would help keep me warm outside: a jump rope. So the kids and I bundled up, went outside and formed "Jump Rope Club":



While the boy's style is more conniption fit with rope, the girls resemble prize fighters deep in training for a match with the devil. Their mother, who can indeed jump rope, resembled those tutu clad hippos in "Fantasia"....but lacking the grace. The kids did get to understand that I am not completely inept, but I lack the skill the cross the ropes and do that fancy jumping move. Don't worry. I'll get it. We have jump rope club every day. But don't expect a picture of me...what happens in Jump Rope Club stays in Jump Rope Club. Sorry, friends.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment