Friday, February 22, 2013

Not enough product in the world....

This morning was a hard morning for me to wake up. I'm not really sure why. Just a run of the mill Friday. As Jimmy Stewart said in "Rear Window", "The calendar's full of 'em." The boy, however, was up soon after his daddy got up. He completed his morning routine and then chatted with his daddy while he completed his. After getting myself as ready as I was going to be, I inspected each child to make sure they were adequately dressed for the day. S was, per her coach's request, wearing her soccer jersey and a black pair of fleecey workout pants. Seeing as it was Spring picture day, her choice of pants and hairdo were a bit off from my tastes, but gotta let go sometime. G had a decent outfit on with the thick, gorgeous hair of hers brushed and tamed. Then the boy walked in and I got my first look at him post "getting the sleepy" out of my eyes. Here recently he has been dealing with an extreme case of bed head that no water alone will overcome. Today was no exception, but it was worse than usual. There was a mixture of Rod Stewart meets Alfalfa meets Buckwheat. The perect storm of hair disaster was preparing to destroy my sweet little boy's reputation of being "Johnny Coif". I used hair glue to fauxhawk it up and then desperately tried to get the sides to calm down. I wet them down and then too the hairdryer to insure their staying down. By the time we went from the bathroom downstairs, they were up making him look reminiscent of Eddie Munster. At dinner, the 'hawk had calmed, but that was the least of his worries. The picture doesn't do it justice:



This was calm. Tomorrow brings with it a crack of dawn trip to see our hero, Mr. Jerry and have him work his magic. Otherwise, I'm going to black out his glasses, give him a cup and set him on a corner with a sign. He looks that ragmuffiny. Help him out if you see him. He gots to get a trim, friends.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment