Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Feng Shui...fing shoo...it's all Greek to me

Tuesdays are always long days for me with work, picking up kids, G's choir, dance, meetings. I am just now home and trying to contemplate bath and bedtime for the kids and dinnertime for myself. Luckily I snuck JRC(fromerly known as Jump Rope Club)in while the kids were changing clothes between activities. That 15 minutes of jumping was painful as I did not change into more activity friendly shoes. Oh well. While S went to dance, I went to try and make sense of the chaos that is my office. For several weeks now, I have contemplated changing the look of it a bit. I am not a design person...I'll do the manual labor, I just can't visualize. My office is just slightly smaller than my college dorm room, so I can't sit in there without thinking, "Hmm. My loft could go here and the desks will go here. Oh wait...have to make room for the mini fridge and hot pot." My mother is the moaster when it comes to conceptualizing a room and it is an understanding we have that she provides me with designs and I help with the labor and pitching of crap. Welll, with my mom safely tucked away an hour and a half north of here, I was without my design guru. My boss also loves design and was deeply disturbed by the red painted and red and white checked fabric covered bulletin boards. I inherited these. One of the ministry assistants was desperately trying to be a good steward of our stuff and repurpose a board that really needed to be part of the landfill. It was a good idea, but with the light blue walls took on a agriculture-esque theme that made me feel a desperate need to wear overalls and sing about a "chick chick here and a chick chick there...". So we started moving things around. And some more things around. Then feng shui was mentioned. I don't understand all of that. I just know what I like and what I don't. I just want a happy office that resembles order and not an A&E special in the making. The school pick up line was beckoning, so I had to leave it in a state of incompleteness. This does not make a feng shui-y kind of happy mind for me. Luckily S had dance tonight, so I went back up there and cleared it out a little while listening to Bob Newhart. Ahhhh. When asked by our SPRC chair if I felt more feng shui, I told him that Newhart will add some shui to any office.

Now it is time to roll my feng and shui into a bed and wipe out for the night. "With a moo moo her and a moo moo there....".


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment