Friday, February 1, 2013

Camp-In craziness

My feet hurt. Wah, wah, wah. But they hurt just a bit more than if I had walked an entire amusement park or something. First I helped with G's ice cream sundae reward party for learning her multiplicaton tables. I was the sprinkles and chocolate syrup mom. I was at the toppings table while the other table was strictly ice cream dipping. The kids were very pleased so it was a roaring success. G's teacher has enough sprinkles and maraschino cherries to last for three more parties. I cleaned up, picked up kids and got straightened up enough to go to church for the Mother Son Camp In. Although it was not as big a crowd as last year, it was the perfect number. They did camp crafts, had a talk on hiking(done by the hub), decorated their own hiking stick and of course made s'mores. My girls ended up being a part of the helping crew in the absence of others who didn't show. S led the camp songs and G helped with dinner, leading the boys around and teaching a craft. The boy was with all of his buddies. His friend N, Baby Drew's big brother, and his mom came for the fun. We were all thrilled to see them. It made the evening for sure. The boy worked hard on his name plate:



I am grateful for the special time with my boy...even if it was in the midst of craziness. We had a great time, but now I must rest my feet. I have to get my beauty rest for my date with the hub and Bob Newhart tomorrow. I cannot wait.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment