Saturday, February 2, 2013

Buttoned Down Bliss

I don't have much brain power or energy left. My brother and sister in law were kind enough to watch the kids while we went to see Bob Newhart at the Tennessee Theatre. If you don't know of this venue, look it up. It is gorgeous. The seats are pretty squished together, but it is a wonderful place to see a show. Aside from the inconsiderate man next to me who played with the cellophane wrapper from his starlight mint the whole time..crackle...crackle...crackle...the show was wonderful. When someone in the "expensive enough for Bob to spit on you seats" forgot to turn off their ringer and the phone kept on and on and on, Bob stopped his bit and asked politely to "answer their d&^% phone" to the roaring aplause of the audience. He was just like he is on television. Just an everyman, but wonderfully funny. I feel it an honor to have been able to see such a comedy giant who can still crack a room up and doesn't have to play it blue. He did one of my favorites, "The Driving Instructor" and, well, I could gush for a while. I think the hub enjoyed him, too.

People tell me I was born in the wrong time with the people I enjoy watching and listening to....and I think they're right. But boy, what some people are missing. Thanks, Bob.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment