Thursday, February 7, 2013

Back in the saddle again....

I got called into duty today, friends. No, not jury duty. Preschool duty. Our preschool staff was running thin with illness and appointments and illness and more illness. So I got called to help with the little guys this morning. The good thing is when you are the sub, you do what you are told and just play a lot. I played with lots of trains and animals and pretended to be horrified by a rubber spider and a grasshopper that they continuously threw in my lap. That was a big hit....drew major belly laughs with the two year old crowd. I got on quite well with my friends. Only one criticism for the day. I was helping with handwashing before snack and was singing the handwashing song I always use: "Wash wash wash your hands...wash them every day! After you potty before you eat to wash the germs away!"....to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". The kids seemed to enjoy it. Well, most of them did. One litle guy came up, got his squirt of soap and started washing. I began to sing the song and he put his hand in my face. "I don't want you to sing at me. It's hurting my ears." Um, ouch. I'm no Annie Lennox, but I think I have an okay voice. Needless to say, I did not sing to him again.

Not much else to report. I did forget to tell you a funny from yesterday. When taking a group of kids to the library to take their test on the book we had read, one boy was talking to me about his outfit for the day. He had camo pants on and a shirt that looked like a long underwear shirt underneath a short sleeved tshirt. You know the look. He said, "You know, Mrs. Jenny, my clothes I have on are all military....like totally official military." "Wow. Really?!". I didn't know they made official military that small in this country. "Uh, yeah they are official military. My mom got them at Old NAVY!". Complete straight face from him. I had to hide mine so he wouldn't see me laugh.

There you go. Good night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment