Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goodbye Shrove Tuesday....

The night is coming to an end and I am ready. Most of the time my Tuesdays fly by and leave me wondering where the day went. Today was the exact opposite. The hours from 12-2 crept by like a turtle on benadryl and I never thought it would end. I did enjoy hearing the two hispanic men talking as they were painting the office down the hall. I did not enjoy the fact that when my coffee ran through and I went to the bathroom down the hall, there were men replacing the sink. You know your bladder has reached a critical point when you pause to evaluate how embarrassing it would be to just go on into the stall with them in there. I made the right choice. Thankfully a coworker who sometimes jumps out to scare me chose to be in another part of the building today. Things could have taken a different course.

After a full day, we all went to eat pancakes for our Shrove Tuesday celebration. There was a much a bigger crowd than anticipated, which was great. The Shrove Tuesday miracle, which I really just invented today, happened when this guy ate his first bite of pancake in a good ten years:



The kids sat in stunned surprise, watching something they had never seen before. Not being a breakfast person and living at scout camp for a significant portion of his life ruined him for the fluffy, syrup soaked delights. Oh well, Superman had his Kryptonite. Afterwards, we made a Lenten spiral. It will help us as a family to track and learn together during the 40 days of Lent. This is not ours, but it is a similar representation:



I look forward to this period of reflection and preparation. I need it...in a bad way. But now, I really need benadryl and mucinex and a comfy pillow in a bad way. Enjoy those last few pancakes....ready to get my ashes on tomorrow.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment