Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday, Monday....

I have nothing much in the way of exciting news today. Laundry and grocery shopping and laundry and school pick up and laundry and cooking dinner and laundry and bedtime stories. The boy and I are reading the first of several David McCaulay books. I remember that my brother and I got them for my dad over the course of birthdays and Christmases and Father's Days. The first one we are reading is Cathedral:



Some of it is a bit over his head, but the drawings are absolutely amazing and the educational value is tremendous. To hear him say "flying buttresses" over and over is very amusing. If you have young people who like to see how things were made and hear all the technical terms, this is the book for you. We also have Castle and Pyramid. If not, may I recommend the Richard Scarry books. They are big with fun pictures, too.

I'm watching "The Following" right now, so if you hear screams, it is me. Kevin Bacon is awfully good in it, but sometimes it is so tense I long for him to break into his "Footloose" dance to diffuse things a bit. Anyway, have a great evening and I'm going to continue to torture myself with suspense.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment