Sunday, February 17, 2013

The perils of play

I have some pretty sore legs, knees, ankles, hips, arms. Jump rope club was a little harder, but I jumped a little longer and faster today. The kids did better as well. G managed to work out the twisting of the ropes today. S just managed to make us all look bad and the boy turned his conniption like jumping into a little more flash...little less frenzy. Even though it was very chilly outside, it was beautiful and we had no excuse for staying in the warmth other than to be slothy. After I completed my allotted jumping time, I sat down to take a breather and decided I would jump a little bit longer. A sound of metal meeting concrete and a cry followed by a sister saying, "Breathe...you've got breathe, " and then a huge screaming cry. A splinter rebel group from jump rope club had traveled down to the basketball court to ride scooters and sweep tree trash for fun. Kids these days. The boy comes running up holding his cheek. When you crash you scooter and fall full force into the broom handle your sister is using to sweep a path, bad things happen. And they usually have the colors black, blue, purple or red attached to them. Poor little guy:



Luckliy the lighting and picture do not show you how angry his cheek really looks with an abrasion on top of a bruise. What happened in the splinter group off of jump rope club obviously did not stay in jump rope club. I just told everybody, well all three of the people, who read this blog. Bless his heart...it looks pretty darn painful.

I know that I only have more pain to look forward to tomorrow, but I think this jump roping is a good thing. I'm using muscles I haven't used for a while. This is good and comical for all those who might catch a glimpse.

Season finale of Downton is on. I guess I need to see what my favorite downstairs folk are doing. Night all....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Poor little man! Try some arnica where you don't have the abrasion.
    Or try the pill form.

    ReplyDelete