Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crunchy play-doh kinda day

I am currently sitting in the corner of the sectional with my feet up, Big Bang Theory on the Samsung and the kids contained in their beds. There are about fifty seven thousand things I need to be doing, but I have absolutely no energy left. Between helping with RIF, helping watch the kids at church for a meeting, shuttling children and picking up dog poop off of the rug, I'm done. I've learned a few things during my time in the car today:

1. When the play-doh dries up and you try to put it to the side, the kids tend to gravitate towards the crispy, unusable pieces than the soft, squishy stuff. Why?

2. On RIF days, my children are some of the few that want to pick the old school books that I had when I was little. A flashy cover they do not need. I like that...although sometimes those old books are picked over for a reason and the flashy covered ones really are better.

3. When you change the lyrics to "Rock A Bye Baby" to warning the baby not to "bonk his head" and knock the blue little person out of the bed, it is a big hit with the 4 and under crowd. Physical comedy. Starting them early.

4. No matter how low I felt today, when Bob Newhart came on the XM comedy channel doing his bit about when his son was born, it immediately pepped me up. He's the man.

5. When you get to be 14 years old, I guess dogs have a right to leave a pile on the rug and use the excuse, "Oh, did I do that? I forgot." And I have the right to get gagged every once in a while.

6. My childen are blessed with warrior friends who protect their hearts and their honor. My heart is full from the fierce love they have for each other.

7. When I feel I'm the biggest failure as a parent, one hug from my three little heartbeats makes me almost feel normal again. I am blessed.

Have a good evening. Readying myself for bed and a clean slate tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment