Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stop that growing!

I am currently sitting at S's dance class...first one post concussion. As usual, she is the miniature class member, though not the youngest this time. Though she's not very tall, she has the long lanky ballerina body. How that child came from me I will never know, but I'll keep her for sure. Her class ranges from one fifth grader all the way to grown up people with actual jobs. So the fact she gets to dance with them is pretty exciting. So far she seems to be holding her own. Not to brag, but I will, I am pretty impressed by how much she has improved and picked up in two classes. She looks like a real dancer and it is something to see. But I am biased, for sure.



The iPad is not great for taking action shots, so I could never get her jumping or in the process of turning. She looked like someone's messed up acid trip, instead of the spritely creature she is. I wish they could have a class for me called "Moms who need to shed a million pounds before they could effectively dance but know lots of dance moves after sitting at their daughter's class for years and would love to learn a dance and show their kids they are capable of movement beyond cooking and laundry and driving the car but learn in the privacy of a room with brown paper over the windows" class. Anybody offering that one? Oh yeah, I guess it is called "Just Dance" for the Wii. Bummer. Anyhoo, I would be doing more of this:



than actual dancing. I'd probably need a few hits off an oxygen mask as well, that is before they called 911. But I would make those ten minutes that I last totally worth it.

Well, class has finished and the girl is hungry and tired and ready to go home. If anyone hears of a class for people like me, you know how to get me. When I get good, Maxim and I will will allow you to put our dance on YouTube. You're welcome in advance.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: