Friday, September 14, 2012

It is finished....

Well. My brother is an honest man now. At 7pm, his wedding ceremony began. I didn't think I would cry at all. We have waited for this for a long time. But I did cry...not boo hoo, but I did cry. Even though he is my older brother, I have always felt very protective and responsible for him. He needs neither protecting or tending, but that is how sisters are. He now has a wife who can do that for him and I am stepping aside to let her step in. I am thankful for her, but it is a melancholy day. I think most happy wedding days are.

The kids were wonderful and took their jobs so seriously. They had waited for this day for years. The food was tasty, the reception room looked lovely and the minister was great. We are biased...she is our dear friend.

I will discuss the day more later, but the threat of an early soccer game makes the need for sleep desperate. I will leave you with a picture you may just want just hug.



So cute, that kid.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment