Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I am foul...sorry, kind readers.

I am not in the best of moods, I must admit. I know that I am very blessed and all the annoying things are little, for the most part. But sometimes, the little things add up and become a big angry ball of bitterness and grumpiness. That is where I am. I feel like a list tonight, so here goes:

1. I am meeting with a teacher tomorrow and I dread it. No one is in trouble at all. We have concerns and want the best for learning. I am a hot mess because I am in new territory and am unsure of my ability not to get emotional from my bitterness.

2. Several stupid things happened today. Sorry ahead of time to my gentleman readers, but life happens. I was at my friendly neighborhood Kroger store to get some milk and apples, when I happened upon a good deal on personal items of the female variety. Never too proud to "stock up", I took several boxes and placed them into my cart and continued on with my list. Well good grief if I didn't see a good ten male friends and church members in the store who were chattier than usual. I thought I had avoided the awkward when I saw a male neighbor and sped by like a maniac, ready to knock over a display in a Mr. Mom-esque fashion...hearing "Irv! Cleanup in aisle 4!". Crisis avoided, right? Uh, no. When the guys got chatty, I desperately tried to hide the boxes under apples, divert the attention away by strategically placing my buttermilk bottles in distracting areas. But, alas, this was to no avail. As soon as the pink cardboard beacon boxes were spotted, perma-grins turned on and the men started backing away as one would when facing a rabid pit bull. I wanted to scream, "THEY ARE ON SALE!!! I'M NOT DANGEROUS!". I gave up after my favorite Kroger employee came up, put his arm around me and said, "Bad month, huh?". It did give me a good laugh.

3. In the course of a half hour at church, I tripped on my feet in front of a crowd...had my boy dump his dinner tray all over the floor...grumped sternly at my child, looking up in time to see the pastor watching me intently...picked up my child's water bottle in the handbell room just in time for the lid to pop off and dump water all over the carpet. Excellent.

I'd embellish more, but I must go to bed. I need all my wits about me tomorrow. It's going to be a rough one. But Friday is a comin'. Thank you, Jesus.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment