Thursday, September 20, 2012

First post face smash soccer game

S had her first foray back into soccer since having her face smashed a few weeks ago. She did alright, considering she was pulled in and out several times. She handled it all well, even if one of her adult non parental handlers got in her face and yelled at her. She's her mama's girl, though. She wanted to cry but refused to let it happen. Tough cookie. The team had heart, played tough and won in my opinion. They lost by a goal, but there was some questionable officiating when it came to one or two. Anyhoo, no sour grapes. I am so proud of them and am so proud of my girl for playing hard.

Nothing much on the funny front happened today. Sorry for the humorless musings on the evening. I will ask that thoughts and prayers and well wishes be sent to my friend, L, who is going for an amnio tomorrow. I have mentioned her before, pregnant with a baby who has so many obstacles to overcome. This procedure will be done to reduce her over abundance of fluid and gather some of that to do genetic testing on the baby. The baby either has Down's Syndrome, which is something they can live with. The other two options are fatal and no further medical intervention will be given. When I was picking my son up from her house this evening, the baby was just on the move in her tummy. Such a surreal experience, I'm sure, to have all the feelings of a healthy and active baby though knowing the obstacles that are in the way. She should know Monday or Tuesday what the results are. I just pray for their comfort and their hearts during this time. Mine is heavy for them.

Pray for my friend, pray my girl toughens up a little, and pray for my sanity as it all goes down. Later...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I pray for you, your family, and L often. All of you are very special to me.

    ReplyDelete