Monday, June 29, 2015

What a pleasant day

I started my morning with a workout with Dr. Pain, so that was necessarily pleasant...but it was needed for sure. While I was squatting to the dulcet tunes of Metallica, my children were readying themselves for their exciting morning: berry picking. They love, more than just about anything, to got o the Fruit and Berry Patch out in the county and pick yummy items to make into even yummier treats. Dennis Fox, the owner, wasn't there today, but he makes sure to fit a funny science/agriculture lesson in with each visit. Like during strawberry season, "Don't pick the berries with green tummies. They're too young to be away from their mamas and you'll have to sleep with them on your pillows so they won't cry." I will say that I have found a couple of less than ripe strawberries in their beds a time or two. Luckily it didn't get too messy. We managed to get around 4lbs of blackberries and 2-ish of blueberries. The blueberry area was full and they will be ready to pick tons by Friday. I imagine we will be back. After picking, the kids got a fresh fruit slush and some apple cider doughnuts. All tummies were happy. We then got home in time to have a Lithuanian college student try to sell us a book system. I thought she would never leave. I gave her some blackberries and sent her on her way.

Currently, I am sitting in a chair watching the boy at "Tactics" practice for soccer. The breeze is glorious and the sun isn't blazing. I'll take that all day long.

Have a good evening. I need to start making plans for all of these berries. Yum.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment