Friday, June 5, 2015

She's baaa-aacck

My oldest returned from her week long mission trip today. Though a little weary and ready for her own bed, she had a very good time and reaped the physical and spiritual benefits of manual labor in the name of God. She showed me her many calluses from moving mulch around with a wheelbarrow and her poison ivy that she treated with Dawn dish detergent. I guess it does more than take grease...WHOOSH...out of your way. Sorry I had to do it. Side note, I sadly impressed my children today with the ability to sing the whole Big Red chewing gum jingle. Sorry about that. Anyway.... She is currently negotiating a deal to weed our flower beds and mulch them to try and earn some cash. The latest offer was for ten cents a weed. WIth the current state of our side flower bed and S's sketchy weed counting, we will have to dip into her college savings to pay her. The dog and the siblings were happy to see her and they waited an amazing four hours to start ribbing her and attempt to get under her skin. I'd call that a record.

We are going to leave soon to go see the boy at his last night of twilight Cub Scout camp. His group will be performing a Star Wars themed skit at their bonfire. It should be quite entertaining. He is beyond excited and will probably go through a period of mourning when it is over.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment