Monday, June 22, 2015

We survived day 1

So Everest came to East Tennessee this morning and we all survived it. The atmosphere was one of great excitement...lots of little people everywhere. My area of responsibility, the kitchen, was abuzz with stirring and scooping and pouring and piping. I must say it is like a well-oiled machine in there. We have fun and I think the children like what we give them each day. I looked at my pedometer before noon and I had already reached the 8,000 step mark. My dogs were barking a little bit, but it was a good kind of bark. We saw a lot of new faces and some we hadn't seen in a while.

After we got home, the children ate lunch and I went back to the grocery store for dinner items. When I got home, two out of the three were asleep. Learning and playing and eating and dancing takes a lot out of a body. I had a little nap myself, I'll admit. After a meal of Italian Sloppy Joes and a tossed salad with our first bell pepper from the garden, we are watching the foul riddled USAvCOL game. Let's hope that the second half is more successful than the first.

I'm going to shower off the dust of Mountain Trail Mix from today and go to bed. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment