Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ready to get started

I have had it with our basement. What was once a refuge for me and the hub with our workshop/craft room areas down there, has now become the place where what I call "guilt deposits" live. Very generous friends and relatives give us items that they no longer can house in their abodes and our basement has turned into a hoarder's paradise. My relaxation place has ceased to exist. I am to the point now of getting a professional to come in and help me get it out. While I would love to have a yard sale and make some extra money, it will just postpone getting it out of our house. I am perfectly happy to take it to KARM's thrift store. It not only helps them raise money, but it also helps our church. Their new program allows your church to get points every time someone donates in their name. Then, at certain points during the year, they will give gift cards to our church to distribute to people who come into our office in need. But ir needs to happen. I need my happy place back where I can sew and create and watch movies that no one else wants to see. That may be my month of June project.

We have not heard from the oldest today. I know they must all be tired and I certainly hope they are having fun. The hub and I are currently sitting at soccer practice. G is playing with a whole bunch of older kids, but seems to be holding her own. The boy is at day two of Twilight Camp. He had his shoes and backpack on 2.5hours before it was time to go. I think he enjoyed it, don't you?

Have a great evening and don't let your basement get cluttered up like ours is. Please.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment