Saturday, June 20, 2015

All the heartbeats are back

I can relax again. They are all back home and in the fold. Currently, they are all piled up on the couch with us watching the World Cup game. We are all in various states of exhaustion with G being the worst at this point. She was returned to us sweaty, hot and sun kissed from long days on the practice fields. Her hair is significantly lighter than when we left her. It looks like something that lots of ladies would spend big bucks to get out of a bottle. Her laundry has been washed and dried and is waiting to be folded once she gets a little sleep under her belt. The boy returned with a big smile and a huge stuffed owl from Raptor Camp. A week of wild animals and hiking and ziplining made me wonder whether or not he would even want to come back home. I couldn't hardly blame him if he wanted to stay away...but I'm glad he seemed excited to be home!

Tomorrow is Father's Day and not only am I extremely grateful for my father and the influence he has had in my life, but I am so very grateful for my husband and the love and care he shows our children every day. He is a wonderful father and I am so glad they have him.

I will now return to looking at the view: the soccer game and my children. Even the furry ones.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment