Saturday, June 27, 2015

Purple icing on my foot

Today was our monthly community meal at church. After we dropped S off at church for her youth choir trip, we quickly ran to Ace Hardware for our Saturday bag of popcorn and run for project supplies. G and I then ran to church to help start cooking for the meal. We all really wished we could have Phil Dunphy's onion goggles during the chopping portion of the afternoon. Our senior pastor came in to get a glass of ice water and wondered what was wrong with all of the weepy kitchen help. Next came the seasoning of the pork loins and wrapping of the silverware. Then more wiping of eyes when we put the onions in the pans with the loins. We were a red eyed mess. Relief from onions came the sick and twisted form of a trip to Sam's to pick up to-go boxes for our dinner guests. The only true positive about that trip was free nectarine and white peach samples. Onve we got back to church, the pace of the meal prep picked up and we all got busy. As usual, I manned the dishwasher. No one usually wants that job and I don't mind it, so there I stand, soaked and sweaty. I do get a steam facial every time I open the washer, so there's the upside. A sweet lady makes cakes every month for the meal dessert...I think she considers it her mission to our dinner guests. One little issue for those of us on dish duty is the vibrant icing colors she uses. I have ruined more shirts with vibrant icing stains than I care to admit. Today I look like I have a purple tattoo on my foot when melted purple icing splashed on my foot. It may have been operator error with the spray nozzle. Maybe. Regardless, it was a successful meal and everyone left with full tummies and boxes of food for later. That's all that matters. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment