Friday, June 19, 2015

One back, two more to come

Our oldest got back from camp today. She was doing the roughing it type of camp this year and went with a lifelong friend. She was in one piece, though scraped and bruised from a week of caving, canoeing, rock climbing and repelling(the last two being her favorites). She takes after her mother. I loved doing the rock climbing and repelling when I went there years ago. She ate every snack I brought for her on the way home. Her camp group was fed last and got the leftovers, so they didn't get a whole lot at meals. I don't know if that was part of the experience or an oversight on their planning, but either way it made her appreciate the food she gets at home. I'll take it. We have already washed her clothes, except for the caving ones which are soaking and may never come clean. I have learned, throught the years, to unpack camp bags in the garage because of the unique camp odor that wafts through the area and the extra critters that sometimes crawl into the bags in the cabins. I think even Copper appreciated that consideration, though she found S to be very exciting to smell. The girl is now showered and clean and ready to hop into bed, if she isn't already there.

Tomorrow the other two will return to the fold and we will be a family reunited. Finally.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment