Monday, June 15, 2015

Snack fatigue

My poor 10 year old was a trooper today for sure.  It is that time again here in our fair part of the city:  VBS prep.  Today we traveled around the county to price items for our VBS that will be taking place next week.  Between doing comparison shopping, calculating portions and purchase amounts for 400 people, schlepping 5 metric tons of lemonade powder and desperately trying to keep chocolate chips from melting on a 97 degree day...we are a little bit done.  I was very fortunate to get our cookie dough donated thanks to a wonderful church member and am working very hard to get our ice cream deeply discounted(we hope).  It is Bible school blitz time and everyone is in prep mode and good stewards of our money mode.  I know more about ice cream cups than I ever realized there was to know.  Way more, but very educational.  I have been able to get name brand cereal at store brand prices.  I am very grateful for the patience and generosity of Kroger and Sam's employees as I have asked some utterly ridiculous questions.  Just like those people who are leading Bible Memory Verse or crafts or music, I am serious about my role next week.  I want the kids to remember that we had compass cookies that help lead the way just like God helps lead our way.  I want them to enjoy their refueling time and at the same time talk about their "God sightings" with their friends.  Let's hope it is a meaningful week for all involved and that we have enough snacks to keep the participants going all morning.

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment