Thursday, September 18, 2014

Makes me a little nervous

I am sitting here with a nice and lovely view, watching my child train with high school boys twice her "tallness" as someone called it one time. I'm not going to lie, it makes me a little nervous. I am trying just to concentrate on this:



I can go to my happy place and think about the homemade meatballs I made for subs tonight...or the new brownie waffle recipe I found on Pinterest to try this weekend. A little bit distracting is the guy right next to me, always wearing a Renaldo jersey(yuck) and some sort of boy's athletic knee highs, who is practicing his ball juggling skills. I think he may have on as much hair product as Renaldo wears too. I'm sure he's a very nice person, but he needs to juggle elsewhere. My happy keeper mom is tempered by the worries of injury, duh, and I can only feel comfortable when my child can be in the goal when she looks like this(excuse my art work):



Somehow I think the astronaut-esque helmet would be frowned upon out here. Maybe I'm wrong...but I'm not. She, and a boy who looks to be 6'4" and so slender you could snap him in half, are curently on the ground and rolling around to practice trapping ground shots. She is going to be covered with newly cut grass. Looks like it's a Benadryl night at the Cook house. I have suddenly realized that I have placed my Target purchased sports/camp chair on yet another aunt hill. My foot looks like someone dropped an open pepper shaker on it. Let me take care of that...be right back.

(7.34 minutes later) I have done the ants in my Chucks dance and have given the gathering high school kids' team a good belly laugh for the evening. The phantom ants remain, you know, when they are still crawling on you...but it is all your head? Kind of like the psychological lice that come when your kid comes home and reports that someone in their class got sent home with the unwanted visitors in their hair. Anyhoo, I'll be feeling those for a good while.

Well the girl is approaching and judging by her limp and the green from knee to ankle skin on her legs, it is time to go home and have a good soak in the tub. And I guess I'd better let her have one too. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment