Thursday, February 13, 2014

Uncle...snow day uncle

Soooo, we are out again for snow tomorrow. I love snow just about as much as any person on this planet, but come on. Because I am an idiot when it comes to predicting whether or not the super is going to cancel school or not, I have missed the boat on getting people to come over and play or spend the snow nights with my kids. I can remember when I was S's age, we got an enormous amount of snow that year and missed major amounts of school. My friend MG and I lived at each other's houses, listening to Duran Duran albums and making friendship bracelets while checking the time on our Swatches. We had to make up school by going on Saturdays, which sucked big time, but we used every bit of the snow days we had to the fullest. Mother of the year has done a horrible job of being on top of these friend opportunities, so now my oldest has received pictures and texts from friends who have been making the most of the days with other buddies. She's ticked off at me...and rightfully so. Someday I'll get on the ball and hopefully before she is a complete social pariah. Until then, I made it a little better with:



...chocolate covered cherry snow cream...and:



...dog shaped snow creatures...and:



...snow fist fights with siblings. She enjoyed it, even if I did get a few snowballs in on her. I enjoyed that!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment