Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm a bad parent...again

Since Snowpocalypse II is predicted to hit sometime after 10am, our school super has decided to cancel school tomorrow in anticipation of epic blizzards that will cause county wide turmoil. True, he did get some pretty bad press for Snowpocalypse I's bus accidents and slippery pick up conditions. I get that he is a bit in the paranoid category. So while some parents are shaking their fists in anger towards the downtown administration offices, I am breathing a little sigh of relief. The kids and I are snuggling on the couch watching unheard of "during the week" television. I let them watch an episode of The Goldbergs, a funny show that is not something they would normally watch. The hub and I are fairly strict about their viewing choices, especially since they like to repeat quotes and some of them don't know not to repeat things to the pastor at Wednesday night supper. They watched, marveling at the weird clothes and hairdos. We had to have a discussion about acid washed jeans. That was hard to explain, I must admit. Then they saw the posters on one of the children's walls, they said, "We have that poster down in the basement. Where did they get that?". They don't seem to understand that this show is a snapshot of my life at my oldest's age.

I hope to have an exciting report tomorrow about masses of snow and huge snowmen and fantabulous sledding conditions. I hope the gun was not jumped. Either way, we have a day off tomorrow. I'll take it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment