Sunday, February 16, 2014

I love my kids

I am a lover of older movies. My parents made sure that my brother and I were familiar with films and actors that were made and gone before we were even born. Those remain our favorites even today. Right now, beside some series of television shows(mostly children's programming), I have two movies on my ipad for anytime viewing: No Time for Sergeants with Andy Griffith and Support Your Local Sheriff with James Garner and Joan Hackett(among lots of others). They are two of my very favorites and I have always had a deep love for James Garner...ever since I saw him on The Rockford Files. So you can imagine my delight when I walked into the TV room to find G and F reenacting scenes between James Garner and Walter Brennan. I was so proud. Eat your heart out Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. My kids are retro:



Walter Brennan and James Garner...



The boy and G. As my brother called it, their "post modernist reading". Love.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment