Saturday, February 1, 2014

Good day full of random things

Today was the day. We had our first session with Julie from Dixie Dog Training today. I must tell you that she exceeded every possible expectation I had by 1000%. She spoke to the children and let them know what was expected of them. She let us know what she expected of us...and did not beat around the bush. Copper loved her from the beginning and that was before she gave her a single treat. After one session, I already can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Exceptional. Simply exceptional.

After having a training session and doing scads of laundry, I resigned myself to the fact that I had to take the girls out shopping for their dresses for the Father Daughter Dance next weekend. Even G, who is not a dress wearer, feels the pull to get new duds for the event. So, the biggest tomboy/non dress wearer ever, took two girls dress shopping for the afternoon. When not trying on clothes, the oldest was constantly rebraiding her with using new techniques learned on YouTube and G was dancing between the racks. The only way I could find her was when her hands were in the air or doing the sprinkler. My hands were either in my hair or covering my face. We were able to find S a dress. Unfortunately, we ran out of energy and patience before G found her inner Cinderella. It came as a relief, because a mother can only see so many dresses in the "Preteen Streetwalker Collection" before she wants to move to a compound on acreage in Montana.

Now my Saturday night relaxation has begun. I have had a nice hot shower...I'm comfy and relaxed and watching one of my favorite funny men in one of my favorite funny movies:



Good times, friends. Good times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment