Friday, February 21, 2014

Running the gamut

Every year around Valentine's Day, or this year the week after, our school holds a jump rope event to raise money. It used to be Jump Rope for Heart, which raises money for the American Heart Association. It has now gone to raising money for school needs. I understand the need for helping the school, but I miss the excitement the kids show in seeing how much money they raise to give other people. I think it is important for them to know the excitement helping people other than themselves. Oh well, it was still fun to watch them jump and get crazy and I hope we raised good money to improve our playground. My children have really upped their jumping skills as well as their Cha Cha Slide and Cupid Shuffle game. I tried to get pics of the kids, but I got mostly blurs:






They were hardcore, friends, hardcore. Afterwards we picked up sister and got home to scramble. S and some other youth from church were making a visit to one of the local synagogues to participate and see how other religions work. B has Jewish relatives and it was very important to us for our kids to know how their relatives worship. Sarah returned home very excited and full of newly found facts. She even saw one of her substitute teachers there. Small world.

Jumping rope and Jewish church with a little bit throwing the football outside tossed in for good measure. Not bad for a Friday.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment