Monday, February 3, 2014

I need to organize my mind...or risk an embarrassing answer

Have you ever had one of those days where a lot of information is thrown your way and it is very hard to sort it into all the correct compartments? You know, friends, when you are doing a fluency test with one child, a spelling test with another and science of different systems in the body with the third, it can get hairy when you mix up your answers. So when I was giving the boy his spelling words and S walked in asking about parts of the male reproductive system and I say to my son, "Spell 'testes'", um, that got a reaction. The way he looked at me, I must have grown a second head. After I smoothed over that slip, G wanted me to run lines with her for GPS auditions tomorrow. There was a line about a vehicle breaking down, a camp bus or van. "Did you say van?", S said, "because I just learned about the vas defrens in the male anatomy and it sounded like 'van'". G looked at her like she had a second head. The top of my body was sore from eith shaking my head or smacking it. The hub was at a church meeting and could not be there to answer the boy body part questions, so Google got a work out showing us diagrams and giving complete definitions so I don't warp my child's test answers or future as a mother.

I am relaxing now, hoping that the previously mentioned missteps were the only ones that happened and that I didn't miss any big ones. Either way, when I see an Odyssey or a Sienna, I will think of a different type of transport.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment