Thursday, August 22, 2013

Scheduling with JT

This has been one of those weeks. For a twenty hour job, I think I've worked about two weeks worth so far and I still have Friday to go. Oh well. It has allowed me to avoid plaster dust and "unearthed old house" smell AND forget about a load of laundry in the washer for over 24 hours. Going to take more than one rewash and Borax to take that smell out, friends. A lot things just happened to pop up today that required extra attention. Our MOPS group started back up for the school year, so I had to go play with some of the little people playing next door to my office. So I had some leftover work to be done and I felt compelled to take advantage of soccer practice night number 2 of 3 to come back to work and do a bit of paperwork. We had childcare tonight, so some of the staff had little ones just a few doors down the hall. All together on the same hall...safety in numbers. I had brought along my trusty ipad to provide me with some background music while I waded through papers. Mistake number 1. Mistake number two came when I thought my door was closed...and I played "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake and "Bet on it" sung by Troy from High School Musical 2. And I sang...a little louder than I thought. I guess I provided entertainment to the college students working while the kids were entertained by the train table and puzzles. Mistake #3? Being on Twitter so I can be openly mocked. I deserved every tweet. But I was the coolest 41 year old office singer in the building...even if I was the only one. Sorry you missed it, my three dear readers. Perhaps another time.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment