Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lots 'o lessons day

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it. Why do the kids have to argue so much during the summer? Maybe the routine of school will stop some of that. Yeah, uh, yeah. My oldest has decided that she hates school. In all of her years, even during the heavy bully times, she has never asked to not go to school. Great. Then G had a math test that she was disappointed about, then I had to teach the boy a valuable and painful lesson at the grocery store(thank God for Mrs. Mary for her kind and loving way with him). And then I got home to the smell of death in the garage. Happy Tuesday, everybody. Ants were found in a closet where a pile of Jolly Rancher wrappers mysteriously appeared. I got accidentally elbowed in my bad jaw, janking it up further...it was my fault. I started the tickling.

BUT....the boy learned a lesson. My oldest learned that smiling disarms the meanest person...G practiced her fractions while cooking...the hub found yet another darn dead mouse(curse you, woodsy backyard)...the kids learned sneaking candy brings creepy crawlies just like their mom and dad said(amazing how that works)...I learned that the evening can end on a high note when you get all the kids belly laughing when reading them a funny book. Belly laughing, that is, until I told them to clean their rooms. Oh well...it was good up until then. Tomorrow's a new start.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You have to teach them to sneak snacks in Ziplock bags. Snack attack food without creepy crawlies!

    ReplyDelete