Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cleaning before the mess

We are having a guest over tomorrow morning to look at our downstairs bathroom. Our dusty, one wall ripped to the studs looking like a mess bathroom. So naturally, I felt the need to clean, okay, deep clean the whole house. He is not going upstairs to check our tub's cleanliness. I imagine he will not look in the girls' closet to see if they are hanging up their clothes. I also imagine he will not see if the top of the dresser is dusted underneath the boy's animals and trophies. You never know...one cannot be too careful. After taking precautions by scrubbing the nasty upstairs for a couple of hours, I felt it best to address the downstairs where he might actually look. So wen he comes tomorrow, if he decides to watch TV, it'll be clean. If he wants to listen to 1D and color a picture, the playroom will be clean. If he wants to have a snack, the kitchen and breakfast room are cleaned. Shhhh...don't tell, but I even cleaned the kitchen sink until it got super shiny. I believe I got a little obsessive with the cleaning today. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the French Pressed cup of coffee my brother made me this morning. It looked pretty dark when he brought it out...or the second cup of coffee I drank in the car on the way to Target to buy a new, clean shower curtain. I decided to play this game of cleaning chicken with my family. I thought, "Surely this bathroom will get too nasty even for their tastes." I lost the game when I feared some sort of flesh eating disease might attack our children. Oh well. I've got to try new methods of motivation. Clearly that method is getting scrapped, but there could have been a cure for some sort of deadly illness in there. But I will sleep a lot better now.

Please say a little prayer for my baby cousin. He has had some troubles and has been admitted to the hospital. Such a young little guy, burning a fever and has bad diapers and lots of pain. Such a helpless feeling for his mom and dad. We'll just hope he wakes tomorrow feeling like a new guy. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment