Friday, August 9, 2013

Channeling my inner Patti LaBelle

I have found as I have gotten older I have a harder time making friends. I know those few who may read this blog to get information for nefarious reasons are saying, "Gee...that's a big surprise..." whilst dripping with sarcasm. Aging has brought with it weight gain, hits to self esteem, betrayal, heartbreak...nothing out of the ordinary for lots of people. These various things have caused me to retreat and guard myself. Not a great thing. Being straight out of a Simon and Garfunkel song is not good for me nor is it a good thing to model for my children. Walking into tonight's open house at school was a nauseating experience for me. I felt very alone. We don't live in any of the big feeder neighborhoods, so we don't have the benefit of seeing the masses on breaks. This summer was an atypical one, lacking in much social interaction since we were often at home for home bound instruction and unable to leave. Excuses, excuses. I really do have several lovely friends close by, so I have no excuses. "I am a rock...I am an island...". The feeling this evening was awful and it was of my own making. I am going to be like Ms. LaBelle and try to have a "New attitude."

Enough of the pity party. Sorry. It was just bad. So here are the robot or robot themed pictures that the youngers and I did on my paint app. I thought they were quite lovely:



G's was a female robot alien. I liked the shading and obvious alien head.



G requested a superhero fighting a laser beam shooting robot. It'll do.



The boy went for a robot alien next to a tree. I get it. I though they did a good job seeing as how they were drawing with their fingers on a screen.

Again, forgive the pity party. I'll try to bring back the pep tomorrow. Sorry.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment