Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Schedules are out and I need nerve meds

I was shaken from my slumber by the hub who said, "The schedules are out. She's on A team. The printout is on the counter." My heart sank. This was not the way I wanted to wake up. While I am sure the teachers on her team are fine, she really wanted the other one. Two of the teachers attend our church and we really enjoy them. S also has a great deal of anxiety after missing the last month and a half of school due to her "significant health episode" or whatever they call it today. I told the boy schedules were out and so, naturally, he felt the need to go wake her up and tell her. She was immediately awake and stressed, wanting to know. I told her and her face fell. WIthin an hour and a half, she found out three of her good friends were not on her team. More hand wringing and pacing. She then found out her friend B would be with her. She softened significantly. For the next 15 hours, she jumped at every ding her d@$% electronics made, coming to report, "Friend X is on B team." The hub came home, changed his clothes, sucked down some tiny dinner and fled to line the soccer fields...I almost cried. The youngers got in a kerfuffle over who was getting the extra odd box of pencils and who was going to label their school supplies. Sorry 6 year old son...you will not have control of the Sharpie in the living room. My friends and I kept checking "Parent Portal" trying to decipher what class was attached to what period. I truly believe that the "Nick Burns-Company Computer Guys" for our school system are laughing as they see how we try to figure out things for our kids. I have clenched my jaw so much all the motrin in the world could help the pain. So, to share my feelings on this day, I decided to write a limerick:

The schedules came out on the "Portal",
Which strikes fear in all us mere mortals.
Texts, emails and calls
From the cell phones and all,
Make me want to shove them up one's nose hole.

Jenny out.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment