Monday, August 26, 2013

Losing teeth and splitting your seat

Today was not a great day. At all. I was still angry from last night. We have some family issues weighing heavily on our minds. I went to talk to the Kindergarten parents at the BooHoo breakfast this morning, which is very cute. I stunk up the place with my lack of public speaking comfort. Sorry there, parents. Then I went searching around town for the book S needs for band. One store said they had it and when I arrived, it wasn't. Finally I found it, but it was at the least favorite store of our favorite drum instructor. She warned me about them and I have avoided them, but today's adventure left me no choice. After I purchased the book, I left feeling a bit more positive about the day. As I got into my car, I caught something sharp and ripped the seat out of my pants. So much for that feeling. Driving home, I just prayed that I would not hit any speed traps or get in any wrecks. Walking some sort of line with the breeze blowing, well, you know. That kind of capped it for me. I went home and took a nap.

At pick up time, after hearing the people at Entertainment Weekly Radio talk a little bit about Miley Cyrus(good grief), I happily picked up two sweet little faces. The exitement was palpable and when I asked what was up, this is what I saw:



The first tooth, GONE!! I am not ready for this season of life. The last things on him that are called "baby". The Tooth Fairy comes tonight. I hope she has some cash. The next tooth will probably come out tomorrow. I need to get to sewing a tooth pillow STAT.

Here's hoping for a better day and a better attitude tomorrow. I'm done.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment