Saturday, November 5, 2011

Well we're done...for now.

Listen. Can you hear it? Listen really hard. If you do, I'll bet you can hear the giant sigh of relief from the Brain and myself...the sigh that we finally have our Saturdays back. Well, at least we have them back for a little bit. I'm not completely rejoicing. I don't have to tell anyone that I enjoy the excitement of soccer Saturday, the enthusiasm of my children, the cheering all around you, the thrill of a close game. It just will be so nice to sleep in until, gasp...could it be possible, 7am. Sarah's team saw their only defeat of the year against and excellent, though very stacked, team. At the end, the coaches decided to let the girls take penalty kicks so that those who had yet to score a goal could have one more chance. Our team destroyed them that way. A hollow victory, but we'll take it. Grace's team came ready to play, but the other team did not show. Their coach decided to have a scrimmage against the parents. This turned out to be a good time and a fun way to end their season. Before going to the games, we went to our church for the holiday bazaar. Lots of goodies to be had...the kids chose S'mores trail mix. It all looked very tasty. We did pick up a Christmas present for someone. Not saying who-oooooo!!!

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting S ready for her 5th grade trip. She has been away from home before, so I am not worried about that. It is a bit daunting that she is not going to be with friends at church camp, not ecology camp...though the same place. It is funny how the company can make you feel so differently about an experience at the same place. Luckily, my super awesome husband is going as a chaperone. That makes me feel a bit better. Thanks also to his very understanding boss who realizes the need to share these experiences with your children. I think it is really neat he is going. In her last year of elementary school, Sarah will get to share this unique experience with him and I am so happy.

Well, I am going to see if I can carefully sneak the remote out of Brain's sleepy hand and switch from football to a movie. I know there's a giant sucking sound from the shock of that last statement, but I can take but so much athletic spectatoring on soccer Saturday. I need something amusing or mysterious. Soooo, I am going to watch The Thing. I know...I know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment