Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another entry on my "Little Blog"

I am frustrated. I'm a frustrated cook...a frustrated artist...a frustrated career woman, or lack thereof. Listening to other people and taking their opinions as the gospel truth is my method of decision making. I always wanted to be an artist. My seventh grade art teacher didn't like my rendering of the Hushpuppies brand Bassett hound and so she told me , "You have no artistic talent and this should be your last art class.". And it was. I participated in the mock trial program, where I was told I had great promise. I wanted to be a lawyer and was going to major in pre-law. Then a friend whose dad was a lawyer said, "You'll never make it as a lawyer. You think too much and are too soft. Choose something else.". So I did. Why did I do these things? Why did I take the opinions and words of others so seriously? I don't know, but I could kick myself for that. So, when I have had three different people randomly ask me the question, "Oh, are you still writing on your little blog?"....in that "you are 39 but I choose to talk to you like you are 3 and have issues" kind of tone, I tend to get a little annoyed. I know I am not a great writer. The News Sentinel-Metro Pulse-New Yorker people have not been knocking on my door or burning up my telephone lines. I am aware of this. This blog is for me to get out frustrations, post pictures for our far away relatives and just share funny things with whoever chooses to read it. I know I must come off as a whiney, compliment seeking, needy complainer. Sorry. But to make fun of me because I just want to write about stuff kind of stings a bit.

Now that being said, I must share with you a couple of pictures. The boy is becoming more independent every day, so much so that it breaks my heart. Getting ready for church is no exception. He is very interested in buttoning his shirt by himself. The phrase "I don't need any help" is used 20 times a day. This is what the Brain found when he went to check on the boy's progress:

Looks pretty good, right? Yeah, until he turned around and then we saw.....the rest of the story. Here ya go:

This caused little spells of uncontrollable laughter that sent us out of the room so as not to hurt his feelings. But of course, we had to take pictures. See, no one would believe our strange stories if I didn't have this "little blog" to chronicle it all. LTD, friends. LTD.

1 comment:

  1. Small-minded people who are jealous of you and your beautiful family will try to tear you down to make themselves feel better. They don't deserve anything from you but pity, and a punch in the mouth!

    ReplyDelete