Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I am very boring these days

Today has been another so so day. I have no stories to rival the Pizza Innexperience and fear I never will. The Brain has sent several pics from The Woods and reports that the kids are having a good time. Again, I feel so grateful for such a wonderful guy to have as the father of my children. I hope they know how blessed they are.

I was looking at some pictures I had taken over the last few months and got myself cracked up when I discovered what a true geek I am. My brother and I were big trading card kids. We were in it for the gum, to be quite honest...at least when it came to most of the sports cards. This one was my personal favorite:

I have always loved Terry and the Steelers...even being married to a Redskins fan. We had lots of Mike Schmidt baseball cards and lots of Pittsburgh Penguins cards. Maybe having West Virginia relatives who lived near Pitt had something to do with that. The cards I got most excited about were the ones that came from movies and television. These are really going to date me, so watch out.

Oooh ooh ooh, Mr. Kot-ter,I know how old she is! I remember going to see the night showing of Star Trek: The Motion Picture with my dad, uncle and cousins. I slept through lots of it, only waking up long enough to see Rachel Ward's bald head. She still looked awfully pretty. Then I found these:

Star Wars, Welcome Back Kotter and Jaws 2. Does it get any better? I didn't even pull put the Indiana Jones or the ET cards...never mind the other two original Star Wars movies. Who knew I was so cool? I know, I know. I never cease to shock and amaze. Sorry. I almost got that onto the page without laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment