Saturday, November 26, 2011

My girl is growing up

I planned to put a clip of G riding her bike sand training wheels, but this particular app does not make that an easy task for the IT illiterate. Hopefully the bugs will be worked out of my Blog Press app soon and then this problem will be solved. Anyhoo, Iam so proud of her accomplishment. I know that I was younger when I started riding without training wheels, but I also learned in a flat Midwest neighborhood with sidewalks. Biking in our neighborhood is a bit of a suicide mission. If the hills and lack of sidewalks don't kill you, the chronic speeders will. My determined girl just got on her bike and rode around the yard until she figured it out. That's my girl! Big day for her....and for us.After that excitement, and riding around the yard 15 times, we helped S work on her sod house project for school. I am so glad that Brian made her start on it on Wednesday. Talk about gonads and strife! After S had sufficiently toothbrushed the filth out from under her nails, we surprised the kids with a movie. Brian stayed home to watch the VT/UVA game(I am a jinx) and we went to see The Muppets. As a big Frank Oz fan, I was conflicted about seeing a muppet movie that did not receive his full endorsement. Also, I am a purist and still have a hard time hearing a non-Jim Henson Kermit voice. I was wonderfully surprised! It was excellent...I think I may have loved it more than the kids. Shed some tears...I know. Winding down for the evening now. More school projects tomorrow plus church and maybe Christmas Tree shopping. Hopefully we'll find another bizarre tree farm in the sticks that I can take pictures of. We've visited some doozies. Have a nice rest of e evening....time for my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment