Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gag ack barf

Today was one of those days that make moms feel crappy in multiple ways. My G claimed that her stomach hurt when she coughed or sneezed. I chalked it up to drainage, seeing as how we live in the #1 worst city in America for that. Yay #1. So, I made her eat some cereal before I gave her some Mucinex. She is not a fan of the bubble gum flavor and was holding it in her mouth. After making her swallow it for her own good, the phone rang. My boss asked if I could sub in a different class than originally planned. After firming up the plans, I rang off and began to pack my lunch for a longer than expected day. This is when G threw up in the trash can. Well thinking it was just overreaction to not liking the meds, I grumped but decided not to send her to school...not wanting her to be THAT kid who threw up in 2nd grade. We took S to school for safety duty as I chastised G for being dramatic. Well, as soon as we got home, she went to the bathroom and coughed for a while. Still not convinced it was real, I had her lug her grocery bag lined trash can in the car and take the oy to school. No sooner than we pulled out of the driveway, she started getting sick again. Mother of the year. By 10am she was done and requesting food. We took it slow the rest of the day. Jello and saltines and toast and ginger ale. She handled it all well and went to bed in her own room. Not on the sick bed that we place in our room:

Yes, there are Wiggles sheets from long ago and a Sesame Street sleeping bag from even longer ago. It lays in our floor and stays there until the last person is through the crud. I am praying that she is the only one. It usually happens in the middle of the night, so only time will tell. The boys has already been up with severe growing pains, so who knows. Hopefully a very uneventful night ahead.

The only interesting thing of the evening was when I went to Kroger for my tummy run: ginger ale, Gatorade, saltines, oyster crackers and bananas. I saw a mom, dad and their teenage son. We kept running into each other every few aisles or so. Their son thought it was cool to walk around the whole store with his hands in his basketball shorts. First I thought it was a fluke, but then it became clear it was not stopping. I so badly wanted to ask questions but I resisted. You always see strange things when you go to the store.

Hope all of you have a good night and praying we have an uneventful one....

No comments:

Post a Comment