Monday, November 21, 2011

The race is on!

The race to gobble 'till you wobble is on. I am having the meal at my house this year. A bit intimidating, but my family is very forgiving. They are also extra great cooks. The boy and I dropped the sisters off at school and headed for an early morning trip to the Kroger. We got most everything we needed and still managed to keep our sanity. I did hear sad news that one of our ladies at the deli/bakery is in bad shape after complications from a congestive heart failure procedure. People make fun of me sometimes for being so close to my Kroger friends. I'm not really sure why. They are people just like me, work 10 times as hard as I do, and still take time to hug my kids, give them a cookie and ask me how my day has been. So, I asking for prayers for Alycia who has decorated a lot of cakes for me through the years.

After shopping, we returned home and put away all of our loot. I have been nursing an ill tummy since the crud went through our house, so I really needed a tiny nap. Little sons make excellent snuggle buddies...he watched Sesame Street and I the back of my eyelids. After a period of sloth, I chunked up bread for stuffing, cut all of the stuff up for the stuffing, made cornbread, made pie crusts, did 3 loads of laundry, fed the boy, played some Scrabble, cleaned the living room, picked up the girls, fed them early dinner, took them to dance, went to staff meeting, cleaned some more and had the willies scared out of me doing more laundry. Yes I am tired, so I am off my game. When pulling out wet clothes to put into the dryer, some wet thing fell on my foot and under the dryer. Our basement sometimes has jumpy bugs, so I was sure I had been targeted. Um, I was wrong. This is what my chicken self squealed at:

I put it inside my ring to show you how small it was. Almost creepier than a bug. Well, almost.

Tomorrow brings more cooking and arrival of people. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment