Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A list for a Tuesday

It has been one of those days. Time flew by, accomplished little but feet are up for a little bit. Now is the time to sum up my revelations for the day in a list.1. When working at preschool, it is very weird and interesting to watch my son interact with others his age...especially when he isn't aware of my attention. 2. I feel I am making my child a caffeine addict at four by giving him sips of my coffee in the mornings.3. It still takes my breath away to drop the girls off at school everyday. Time passes so quickly.4. The Target Dollar Spot should be called "Target Traffic Jam Treasure Hunt".5. When you are craving stir fry, a McD's burger just makes a person sad. 6. You can take the girl out of social work, but you can't take the social worker out of the girl.7. Coach Biest is my favorite character on Glee.8. The weirder the documentary the better...makes for better Facebook discussions.9. I come off grumpy and maybe don't smile as much as I should, but there is an evil, funny side to me that I think most people would enjoy. 10. When my daughter tells me, "My friend had her parents taken away from her...she is in foster care. What's going to happen to her?", I just want to die. I am blessed beyond measure.In this season of joy and giving, I am the absolute worst to throw a pity party for myself and get bogged down in the minutae of the secular aspects. I have been walking around with a storm cloud over my head for months, grumpy and wondering what my purpose is. What a blessing it is to have the freedom and resources to be a grump while trying to find myself and be a stay at home mom. Shame on me when there are little people who "have their parents taken away from them.". Shame on me. Am I on a holier than thou kick now? No. Never ever. Just had a shot of perspective today. I really needed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment