Monday, November 28, 2011

Morning with the buds


Today was an exciting one for the boy. He went on a play date with his best buddies to Tataru's. For those of you who aren't from around these parts, Tataru's is a gymnastics complex that has an open gym playtime on certain days. Unlike other gymnastics places around, these people let the kids have the run of the gym. This is a good and bad thing. Good because you are not having to constantly keep the kids away from forbidden areas. Bad because some of the places I wish we're foridden....like the picture above. The boy acted all hot stuff when he was climbing up there, but then wasn't sure he could complete the act of actually jumping off. After a tiny persuading by mom, he jumped off into the pit of foam blocks. And that was the beginning of his stunt career. Write it in your keepsake book, friends. That was also the beginning of my many near heart attacks ts morning. At least lunch at Chick Fil-A wasn't nearly as heart stopping. I did earn my mother of the year/Meanest Mommy Ever award there. After tying those blasted shoes for the third of fourth time, I told him he could not take his shoes off and play in the play area for our last five mutes there. The look on his face was of angst and anger and hurt and frustration. I felt bad, making him suffer for my lack of patience. I hope the other moms didn't think me to be a wench. I can understand if they did. One does read this blog from time to time, so I hope she doesn't think less of me. I already feel so awkward in situations with other women in my age demographic. I feel horribly embarrassed about how I look and feel I have nothing that anyone would want to spend time with. That is my problem to solve and get over. I probably come off as some antisocial serial killer mom. I want so badly to not feel that way. I want my kids to know it is fun and exciting to spend time with your friends, even when you grow up. I don't get many invitations and don't extend many for the same previously stated reasons. I just pray that as Finley has play dates and learns to form close bonds with his buddies, I will learn by his example. We can all learn so much from our children. Maybe I'll even jump off the ledge into the pit of blocks someday. Somebody better be there to snap a picture of that...

2 comments:

  1. I'd spend time with you any day, any time. You are SO worth hanging out with. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny, I aspire to be as cool as you! And as funny ...

    ReplyDelete