Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool's Day overload

I love a good joke as much as the next mom, but enough already. Notice I said "good". With the exception of one joke done on two sisters that I was involved with, the 575,000 others fell flat. "Hey Mom?! There's a dancing dog in the front yard!'. "Oh yeah? Get a picture of it." "APRIL FOOLS!! I can't believe you fell for it!". Yeah, me too. Next child walks in..."Mom? The teacher said I need a $500 check for school or I get held back." "Oh okay. Well, at least when you repeat you won't have to study." "Mooo-ooom! April Fools!". All day long. I did help the boy fool both his sisters at different times with a super crazy, but somehow believeable story that blew their minds. According to the story, their brother cracked after months of playground violence and took to kung foo fighting on the playground all over the offending classmate. We even said he wasn't going to get Wednesday night dessert which was a major "Oh my gosh!" moment for both the girls. He hid his face and would not answer questions...except for one. "Bubby? Who did this to you? What was his name?". "You want to know his name? That kid wa named...APRIL FOOLS!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!". The girls were shocked he had gotten them and relieved that he had not actually gotten in a fight.

He is already plotting next year's prank. I'm going to bed. I'll need to rest up for that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment