Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Big burger night

The hub came home early this afternoon. His back is acting up in a new way, so I am trying not to worry and feel that old familiar dread creep back into my tummy. Let's all pray that he just over-soccered this weekend and his back is giving him a talking to today. The oldest and I made a trip to the grocery store to find the makings for dinner. With all of my lovely allergy drainage(TMI, I know), my stomach didn't want food anymore than it does 1.2 seconds after i've taken one too many forkfuls of Thanksgiving dinner. I wasn't feeling stuffed, just like I had no desire to ever see food. So I had S call her dad and ask what he wanted for dinner. He wasn't a whole lot of help, so I decided to just get some burgers since I was standing in front of the butcher's counter. I was lazy and got some premade patties. I didn't really look to hard at how big they were until I got home and then I realized that I had made an error in judgement. These burgers could have been cut in half, like one would safely cut a bagel, and still be huge. It was taken in stride and the burgers were grilled low and slow. Since I have never been a person in need of having my beef cooked all that much, my burger seemed fine as did the children's share as well. Unfortunately after another time on the grill, the hub could not finish his since the earlier rareness proved too much for his tummy to forget. Lesson learned. I will always let him form the burgers himself...though he did an excellent job on all of ours. I may have to make him a second dinner here later on tonight.

Thus ends the tedious minutae that fills my days. I'm getting a shower and going to bed. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment